Friday 29 June 2007

Basement Disaster

The long white pipe laying on the floor in the foreground use to be attached to the ceiling along that wooden beam, connected to other pipes.

Imagine my dismay when, after using the toilet while getting ready for bed last night, I heard the sound of what could've been a fountain running in the basement. "This," I thought to myself, "cannot be good."

I went downstairs and was greeted by this sight: a large section of pipe, clearly not where it should be. At the time the water was gushing from the broken end seen in the upper-righthand corner of this photo. I called my father, who is out of town at the moment, and asked him what the purpose of this long white pipe was. That's when I learned that it happens to be the main sewage line for my house (or was, up until the point that it detached itself).

The good news is that I still have plenty of running water, and there won't be any issues with the well drying up. The bad news is that anything that goes down a drain in my house will end up on my basement floor.

Worse plumbing disaster in living memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment